We hold the first Gold in Ireland for Hostels in the Green Hospitality Awards and TripAdvisors Green Leader Program.
In the heart of Doolin, overlooking the village and out to Sea. Located at the Bus Stop and at the start of the Cliffs of Moher Coastal Hiking Trail. A 2 minute walk to the famous O’Connors Pub, a 15 minute walk for the Aran Island Ferries and Cliffs of Moher cruises. An ideal location for exploring the Burren with its lunar landscape, megalithic tombs, forts and castles or taking part in one of the many great adventures that await you.
- Free Breakfast
- Free Wifi throughout buildings
- Free Internet access (printing available)
- Free Car Parking and Secure Bicycle storage
- We are the Bus Eireann Bus Stop and Ticket Office for Doolin
- Large self catering kitchens, dining areas
- Living room with stove fire
- Self service laundry, drying room
- Outdoor wash area with steel clothes line for activity equipment
- Gardens with seating areas overlooking the village and out to sea
- Café (April to October) with great coffee, home baking and Irish Craft Beers.
- Convenience Store with all the essentials
- Tourist information, Free Maps and guidance on what to do in the area
- Separate group facilities available (all meals can be provided) catering up to 85 person
- We do not accept Stag, Hens or similar parties.
- Luggage Storage on day of departure if required for our guests.
- Extra storage available for large activity equipment.
- Standard and Superior rooms, ideal for individual explorers, families and adventurers.
Run by Anthony and Deirdre Moloney who live on site and who returned home in February 2012 after many years of hotel management experience both in Ireland and around the world to undertake major renovations to the family business of 30 years. Doolin Hostel was one of the first hostels in the west of Ireland and the first Failte Ireland approved hostel in Ireland. We strive to improve our business every day and are continuously increasing standards such as adding superior rooms and services such as a Cafe and self service laundry while developing it with an environmentally conscious ethos. With an aim of Doolin Hostel offering top quality comfort and services, by taking the best from all accommodation types such as:
- Superior Double rooms ensuite with king beds
- Family rooms that can cater for 2 adults and 2-4 kids
- Small comfortable dorm rooms for the individual traveller on a budget
- An area to wash those muddy boots after a days hiking
- A stove fire and a glass of wine to recant your days adventures over.
- Feel like beans on toast our kitchen awaits your culinary genius or pick up a snack in our cafe.
- Feel like eating out then just walk down to the local pubs or restaurants that are on our doorstep.
Enjoy the convenience and meeting others in a hostel atmosphere, the individual attention given by a B&B, the comfort of a quality hotel mattress and a great cup of coffee from your favourite coffee shop in the morning.
Doolin Hostel is also a haven for activity enthusiasts and a great base for Rock Climbing, Bouldering, Caving, Sea Kayaking, Mountain biking, Hiking the Burren Way, Cycling the Doolin Cycle Hub, Coastal Walks, Horse riding over the Burren and much much more..
Open Times : Open February – November 8am – 9pm
Tel: +353 87 2820587